It’s no secret that Californians love avocado toast. In Los Angeles, the open-faced sandwich is more than just a food trend; in fact, locals embrace its holy status as a menu item here to stay.
Take a stroll through Grand Central Market or Melrose Place, and you’ll note the variations in recipes adopted by chefs and restauranteurs alike. Whether you prefer your avocado sliced or mashed, with chili flakes or pepitas (fancy talk for pumpkin seeds), there is something for everyone.
We took our version one step further, and added none other than our award-winning Sativa, “Super Lemon Haze.” Perfect for any time of day, the toast is rich, buttery, and delivers a hint of lemony citrus that will sure to please the palate.
For those of you that prefer edibles to the act of vaping, this recipe is for you. For starters, a homemade edible allows for much more quality control in comparison to what you’ll find on the average dispensary shelf. When shopping, you can source your choice of wholesome ingredients, resulting in a treat devoid of pesticides and harmful additives that no one can pronounce.
The recipe is quite simple and we encourage you to get as creative as you’d like. And, since the THC in the Bloom Drop is already activated, it does not require heating prior to consumption.
About The Bloom Drop
Each syringe holds 800 mg of the following:
- 560 mg of pure THC (80-85%)
- 240 mg of terpenes and cannabinoids (the chemical compounds responsible for flavor and the strain’s effect on the body)
- 1 avocado
- The Bloom Drop in “Super Lemon Haze”
- Salt and pepper to taste
Potential add-ons: paprika, cilantro, peppers, mayonnaise, lox (smoked salmon), etc.
- Toast bread to your liking (optional)
- Slice the avocado in half, leaving the pit in tact. Using a sharp knife, puncture the avocado pit and remove. If the avocado is ripe, the pit should lift easily. Discard the pit.
- Using a spoon, scoop the inside of the avocado onto your toast. Next, slice the avocado lengthwise. Or, if you prefer your avocado mashed, simply fork out the avocado and mash it till it results to the texture of your liking.
- Using the Bloom Drop:
- It is important to know your tolerance. If you’re unsure of how much to use, ask your budtender.
- Disperse the desired amount on top of the avocado. This will take place instead of squeezing fresh lemon juice on your avocado toast. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Once the desired amount disperses from the syringe, quickly push the stopper back as to not leak the oil. Should oil spill, alcohol wipes are an effective clean up method.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Bon appétit!
Would you try this recipe? What are your favorite ways to enjoy The Bloom Drop? Share with us, we would love to see!
– The Bloom Team