Make Your Own Holiday Edibles with BLOOM Drop
Tis the season to be cozy! Nothing pairs better with blankets and a movie than some holiday edibles! Many of us have a little extra time at home this year, making the perfect opportunity to try bake your own edibles.
It’s easier than you think, especially with the BLOOM Drop!
Two of the best things about the BLOOM Drop applicator are that it’s mess free and easy to dose! Each BLOOM Drop comes with 800mg of BLOOM’s activated cannabis oil at ~80% THC. For dosing purposes, this calculates to 800mg x .80=640mg. So, if you were to split 640mg between 24 cookies, each cookie would be approximately 27mg THC. Depending on how potent you want your edibles to be, you may only need half of the BLOOM Drop or less. Be sure to use the marks on the side of the syringe to keep track of how much distillate you use.
- 4 Large eggs
- BLOOM Drop
- 2 C. Sugar
- 1 ½ C. All-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter a 9” x 13” baking pan; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs on low speed. Add BLOOM Drop and sugar, beating for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add egg mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in pecans and vanilla.
4. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake until edges just start to pull away from pan, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Spread icing over brownies; allow to set before serving.
- 1 cup of desired oil, butter, or ghee (You can use almost any oil of your choosing.
- BLOOM Drop strain of your choosing
- On a low heat setting, heat up your oil on the stovetop in a small pot. Stir occasionally.
- Once oil is slightly warm, squeeze half or all of the BLOOM Drop (800 mg) into the pot of oil, stirring frequently.
- Once oil and distillate are nicely mixed, turn off the stove and let cool.
Now that you made canna-butter, you can substitute it for the butter in other recipes, dishes, or spreads. :)
BLOOM-Infused Honey Fennel Gingerbread
This recipe makes a single 2-pound gingerbread cake.
- 6 ounces canna-butter (see above recipe)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place 6 ounces of cannabis-infused butter and honey in a medium saucepan on low heat until the butter is melted (you will have leftover butter that can be used later).
- Remove from heat and add the olive oil, milk, yogurt, whisking until mixed. Place aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ground ginger, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Place the fennel seeds into a small skillet set at medium-low heat for a few minutes to toast. Transfer them to a cutting board and crush the seeds.
- Add the crushed fennel, fresh ginger, and eggs to the honey mixture in the saucepan. Mix well.
- Pour the honey mixture into the dry mix, one-third at a time, whisking gently between each addition.
- Pour combined batter into loaf pan and spread out evenly. Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is shiny and golden and inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove pan from heat and allow it to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before placing it on a rack to cool another 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
BLOOM-Infused Hot Cider
This recipe will make 2 mugs of hot canna-cider.
- 1 tablespoon BLOOM Drop (or you can use your BLOOM Canna-Butter from above)
- 2 cups apple cider
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 apple, sliced in ¼-inch pieces lengthwise (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
Instructions for BLOOM coconut oil:
1. Place 3 tablespoons of water into a pan and cook at low to medium heat to bring to a simmer.
2. Add 1 cup of coconut oil stirring frequently until it breaks down and dissolves in the water
3. Add BLOOM Drop and stir to blend. Let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place the bowl of BLOOM infused coconut oil in the fridge for at least 1 hour until it's solid.
- Place the apple cider in a pan and heat up at LOW heat.
- Once the cider is warm, add a tablespoon of BLOOM Canna-coconut oil (you will have lots of leftover coconut oil that can be used later).
- Stir occasionally to blend it together. Add a cinnamon stick to the spice. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide cider into two mugs, rimmed with sugar. Add a single slice of apple to each mug as garnish.
Recipe courtesy of: https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/holiday-cannabis-edible-recipes/
Subscribe to our newsletter for more BLOOM Drop recipes & order BLOOM Drop for delivery in CA shop.thebloombrands.com