Using Cannabis to Calm Anxiety
During times of chaos, cannabis can be a beneficial tool for staying calm and keeping anxiety at bay––if you know how to properly use it.
Here are a few tips to help you find relief from cannabis during your quarantine:
1. When using THC products, low doses work better for anxiety. If using CBD, higher doses are more effective.
2. Check the terpene profile of the strain or product before you purchase. Stick to strains that have more anxiety-relieving effects, like strains with the terpenes Myrcene or Limonene.
3. Choose the right method of consumption for your level of anxiety or stress. Inhaled methods, like vaping and smoking, offer the most immediate relief, but the effects do not last as long as with ingestible methods, such as edibles and tinctures.
4. There are differences between vaporizing and smoking to be aware of as well. Concentrates are typically more potent than flower, so dosage and effects will differ depending on the method and product used.
5. Start low and slow. Cannabis affects us all differently––so it is best to start with a low dose and wait until the effects kick in before taking more, at least until you know how a certain product will affect you.
6. Do not rely solely on cannabis to cure your anxiety. It is a wonderful tool to help with many things including anxiety, but it is not a cure-all. Try incorporating other outlets like meditation and yoga––activities you can do to help relieve anxiety and stress with or without cannabis.
Stay calm and safe, Bloom Fam!